Frequently Asked Questions
1. HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO COMPLETE A FULL FACE OF MAKEUP?
A full face of makeup takes roughly 1 hour to 1 hour and 30 minutes based on the type of beauty look.
2. DO YOU TRAVEL TO HOMES OR DO YOU HAVE A STUDIO LOCATION?
I have a studio location located in Bethpage, New York, or I may travel to wherever you are!
**Traveling fees vary based upon location.
3. DEPOSITS AND PAYMENTS?
To secure your date and time, a signed contract with a 50% deposit due at the time of signing. The deposit is non-refundable and non-transferable. Please be advised, dates and scheduled makeup times will only be reserved when a signed contract and deposit are received. Any amounts paid as a deposit over the required 50%, is not subject to a refund. Deposits are to be made by Venmo (yuktigrover) or Zelle (347-681-4719).
No refunds will be given for any members of the party who missed their appointment on the day of the event. If the client fails to pay, the person who made the appointment is responsible for paying their balance fee.
5. ARE THERE ANY PREPARATIONS NEEDED FOR GETTING MY MAKEUP SERVICE DONE?
• Prior to Makeup Service:
– I usually ask my clients to get a picture or two of makeup and hair they would like for their event(s). If you are confused and not sure, I’m here to help.
• Work Station:
– Please have tables and stools ready with natural lighting to perform the makeup services.
– Have everything you will be wearing together in one place, so we’re not losing time by looking for things last minute.
– Please take your outfits out of the plastic/bags. If corners of the dupatta happen to be wrapped in plastic, please take that out as well.
– Jewelry that is going to be used for that outfit should be placed neatly on a table and out of their plastic, ready to set.
• Outfit Requirements:
– Wear a buttoned-down shirt or anything you don’t have to pull over your head.
• Face Requirements:
– Face should be cleansed with a daily skincare system.
– Please state any allergies of any makeup products to your stylist before the service.
– Facial treatment is not recommended less than seven days before the event.
– We would be happy to accommodate special requests such as tattoo covering or back make up for a small fee.
– Though not expected nor required, it is much appreciated and can be given to the artist directly.
6. IS THERE ANYTHING I NEED TO DO TO MY HAIR?
• Wash and dry your hair the night before.
• Do not use conditioner.
• Hair needs to be fully dry at time of appointment.
Preparation Guidelines for Different Hair Types:
- If your hair is curly/frizzy, please blow dry it straight, as I will only style your hair as is.
- If you have normal to dry hair, I recommend you wash it a day before your hair appointment. o If you have very silky hair, wash it two days before your appointment.
- If you have oily hair, please wash it the same day as your appointment, but make sure to blow dry it before the appointment.
• If your photographer is taking pictures of your outfit and jewelry before you put them on, you need to make sure your photographer arrives at a decent time and gets that done before I start setting your jewelry. I will NOT be waiting on the photographer(s) to take shots as I am booked for three hours with you.
• If I have to wait on the photographer(s), that will cut your time from three hours with me to less time. Your photographer(s) can do “getting ready” shots while I’m working on you, as long as they are not in the way.
• LASTLY, please, please, please be ready to start at a given time and make sure there are no delays. Most of the time, I have back to back clients, and I must leave on the time that was scheduled.