IMPORTANT: Henna is perishable and must be kept frozen when not in use. It lasts up to 6 months in the freezer but only 1-2 days in the fridge/room temperature. Keep frozen until using time (it needs 20 min to thaw at room temp).
Stains are deep maroon-brown in color and dependent on a few conditions:
- How long you keep the paste on (recommended minimum 3-5 hours)
- How warm you keep the stain before and after removing the paste
- Henna loves warmth — try keeping your hands warm with a heater or over a stovetop for optimal stain
- Avoid water for the first 24 hours
- You can still wash your hands, avoid any exfoliation to the area like scrubbing
- Apply oil or Vicks to keep the fresh stain waterproof